Sweet Bébé, today, I am secretly planning to celebrate your first Christmas with us. Nobody needs to know...it can be our secret. You are with us in every way imaginable…except the physical.
I have such a weakness for babies. I want to look into your sleepy eyes and play the game I played with my own children…the game of trying to read your infant mind. I can already envision you, as your try to focus on my face…to see your little baby eyes slowly blinking to clear your vision…like you can hardly believe YOUR eyes.
I would love to put a ‘Baby’s First Christmas’ ornament in my girl’s stocking. But that would be too obvious. I need to have some patience. I don’t want to wish your first year away. With all the Christmas planning and Christmas gatherings, your presence is already here. Evident now is your baby bump, and a gentle reminder that you go everywhere your mommy goes. Everything she does revolves around you…she will be such a good mommy. You can hear her voice and your daddy’s voice…already teasing you with some silliness. You can hear music. And I hope you can hear my voice.
I bought a book for you already. I won’t give the title away, but it is a book I want to read to you again and again. You will love it. And I wait, with joyful anticipation, for the day when I will love reading it to you.
Hugs and Kisses,
~Nanny~

No comments:
Post a Comment