The day I arrived at your daddy and mommie’s house expecting to help out with some chores was the day I got to do what I love to do best… a makeover!
Your mommy and daddy’s bedroom already looked pretty fabulous, but like anything, if you look at something too long, you don’t see the beauty anymore. When your mommy asked me to help her ‘source’ out a new look for their bedroom, I accepted the challenge with glee. I love a project! There is one thing about your mommie. When she sets her heart to something, the universe hears her, and presents her with exactly what she wants. This could be a parking place right in front of her favorite bistro, or an outfit for a special occasion. Whatever the case, this one project was no different. Her wish was a black and white oasis with the backsplash of caramel walls. Hmmm. Here’s the deal though. The first quest was the bedding because it is easier to find drapery later. My first stop…poof…there it was…exactly what she was looking for…and at half the price she was expecting to pay. Well, okay I thought, that was easy! Now it is off to find draperies and of course the crème de la crème – accessories! Draperies were found…in the color and weight of choice. Next, the throws and the pillows. Done…finite!
Putting it together was easy. The furniture was already moved around previously so refitting the bed and window dressings was swift. I saved the best for last. The entertainment cabinet was sitting in the place of honour…bare, like a blank canvas. First time around I liked the display/arrangement….but standing back with a critical eye…something was definitely missing. So on round two, it was pretty awesome…still I shook my head, mumbling to myself..What is it? It just doesn’t have the ‘wow’ factor I was hoping/searching for. Stripping everything of the entire surface, I started all over.
I slowly walked from room to room, stopping here and there to pick up items that I thought would make the room special. Next stop was the ‘secret cupboard’ and of course, like visiting my favorite store, there was a multitude of choices for me. The last item I chose was the piece de resistance… your photo dear baby…with your little teeny hand coming up to your mouth. Bingo! This was it!
The room is now an oasis, warm and dark and soothing. In daylight, sun streams through the patio doors throwing the shadows back into the corners. Callie stretches out on the bed and slowly yawns when you enter the room…cats know an oasis when they see one!
On top of the entertainment unit…the first thing your mommie and daddy will see when they wake in the morning is an arrangement created solely for them. Candles to attract the spirits and to cast the ambiance; a small wedding picture of them laughing as daddy carries your mommie in his arms; a small candle holder with rocks…from the earth…and ‘LOVE’ engraved in one; a plaque with a mother’s hands holding her baby's little feet and a quote from Helen Keller; a feathery tree to celebrate the season of Christmas and the birth of another Baby long ago; and in a place of honor, your picture framed with the word ‘FAMILY’ outlined in rhinestones. It is done. I stand back and survey my accomplishment. Perfect!
I held my breath when your mommie entered the room for the ‘great reveal’. Wish you could have been there! Someday sweet baby, you too will hear her enthusiastic response, and your heart, too... will sing!
blessings...on this New Year's Eve....Nanny
No comments:
Post a Comment