Someone asked me a little while ago to give my blog address out. I hesitated. Not sure if I can take the 'leap' and open it up to whomever. I know anything on the internet is not private. I know this inherently, but I still hesitated. If I don't know who 'stumbles' upon my blog is one thing; knowing who might be reading it is another. My relationship with my husband, children and grandchild is nobody's business. I write to release. I write to heal. I write to celebrate. I write so I can remember the wonderful (and some not so wonderful) thoughts that swirl through my head on most days. Living in my lovely bubble, my blog is my personal diary.
So it is with these hesitations, that I decide to start a new blog. One where I can write to my heart's content and the 'content' is open for anyone to read, criticize and to comment. It's a crossroads of sorts. I will maybe stick to a theme until I tire of it, then change it up again. Isn't that what a lot of bloggers do?
My writers' group has been inspirational. Most members are still 'online' acquaintances and I embrace this virtual group and value their feedback.
My personal blog will remain like it is. I still need it as my personal, unconditional outlet. The words on the page stare back at me silently, accepting anything I chose to peck out on my keyboard. Like a pair of old comfortable shoes, I can slip into my zone and just 'be'.
No comments:
Post a Comment