Thursday, September 15, 2016

The Announcement

The Announcement
(Nannie's diary for Baby R)



Dear Baby R ~


Your Nannie tends to be ‘slow on the uptake’. Your Mommy and Daddy arrived at our house one sunny Saturday. It was in May.



They came bearing gifts…in a bag.  Your Daddy handed me a book by Mercer Mayer. I love that author! The book’s title is; Grandma, Grandpa, and Me.  I was thrilled to get it and I asked if it was a book to read to your cousin Emerson. 

Your Daddy was patient with me (as always).  He said “No Mom, it’s not to read to Emerson.” I asked him if the book was going to make me cry. (He did that when he was little ~ bringing books home that ripped my heart out). He again replied “No Mom.” I was confused. I looked over to get some help from your Mommy. She was laughing and crying at the same time! Then I got it!!!! OMG! I squealed and hugged your Daddy first, then your Mommy. They really, really surprised me! I was so happy for you all and I was struck– you are blessed! Your Mommy and Daddy played the best trick on us.


For several weeks we had to keep it a secret. Just so you would have a chance to have some moments alone with your Mommy and Daddy. But now we’re all shouting from the rooftops. Again your Daddy and Mommy have chosen a very creative way to announce your upcoming arrival to our world!



The Announcement:  


Earlier in this post I mentioned they came bearing gifts. The first was a book – and the best gift was the news about YOU Baby R!


When your Daddy was in grade one he came home with a book by Robert Munsch called “Love You Forever”. He asked me to read it. I did that night as a bedtime story. It is a beautiful story of a son’s love for his Mother. I was so touched. And I cried. I have no doubt ~ my son will love me forever. He watched me closely as I tried to hold back my tears. 
Your Daddy has a beautiful soul.  
And I have no doubt ~ he will love YOU forever Baby R!


Love you today and always

Nannie R.
PS:  Ask your Daddy to read this book to you someday!  



No comments:

Post a Comment