Thursday, April 4, 2013

A Rose From My Bouquet - Literally Speaking



White roses to celebrate my first published piece.


This past week I debuted into the ‘published’ world albeit in an anthology – but published nonetheless.  It was great!


Our group PEI Writesheld a book launch for the 40 authors and some authors read excerpts from their pieces to the audience.  I submitted poetry and since it is a rather self-indulgent genre and the fact that not everyone ‘gets’ poetry, I declined the request to ‘read’.  Others did and that was just fine.


Some time ago I had a session with the ‘Angel Lady’, a clairvoyant as well.  She announced quite matter-of-factly that my sister Josie spoke through her to say she would help me with my writing.  I would say Josie kept her word.  I have had many signs she and my Mom are watching, waiting and guiding me.


My husband presented me with a bouquet of white roses at a little reception my family had for me after the book launch.  He had disappeared for awhile and we (the kids and I) thought he was either parking the car or better yet picking up my favorite wine for ‘later’.  He was indeed doing both with an additional errand to pick up the flowers.  I was touched.  He always remembers to get white roses if they are available.  White was also his Mother’s favorite color; a fact I didn’t know until just a few years ago.


The roses were promptly put in a white vase with the flower food and displayed on our kitchen table that night.  Each morning I look at them and joyfully remember the evening.  This morning, six days later, I noticed one rose had fallen from the bouquet.  It was still in a perfect shape and I gingerly picked it up.  It had fallen completely from the stem – almost like it had been cut.  The stem was still moist so it wasn’t a case of not getting enough water.  I laid it back on the table and like a thunderbolt hit, I remembered the story I wrote about Josie:  A Rose From My Bouquet. Her story still remains unpublished.
 

It is fitting that the roses were a celebration of my first published piece of work.  I truly believe Josie is reminding me she was there with me the whole time.  A sign from heaven…for sure!
A Rose From My Bouquet

No comments:

Post a Comment