Yesterday, early in the day we were enjoying the first full
day of sunshine and lamenting that compared to the 7 degrees Celsius today, this time last year it was 20 degrees.
We (my husband and I) usually take a moment each day to
count our blessings. It is a
conversation that we have almost on a daily basis for some years now. It may only take a minute or it could be a
longer conversation depending on the events of the day or the week.
Last evening we sat speechless and in shock watching the
newscasters describe the scene in Boston as the runners in the Boston Marathon
attempted to reach their finish line.
Two bombs exploded on the sidelines within seconds of each other. While everyone reacted in shock to the first
blast it was quickly followed by another and a horrified crowd realized it was more than an
explosion…it was an explosion with a purpose.
It hasn’t been long since we too were in Boston – in a very
crowded venue with people and vendors from all over the world. It never crossed our minds in a crowded place
like this there might be danger; Tis the beauty of not living in fear.
I am not oblivious to danger…been there. However over the years I cautiously venture
into situations where if indeed the occasion might arise – it could actually be
dangerous. The beauty is when I look at
my lifeline – I would have less to lose.
We often say to each other…if I should die today – I would die
happy. There are worst things than death. The families of all those injured will have
the memory for the rest of their lives right in front of them in the form of
severed limbs or severe burns. Some
families have lost their loved ones…little innocent children standing at the finish
line to cheer the runners on. How can
anyone live with this?
But for the grace
of God…go I.
Today I count my blessings…again. And once again our friends and family in the
USA and all over the world are attempting to recover and understand the meaning of this senseless act
of violence.

No comments:
Post a Comment