Thursday, March 7, 2013

"Yuv" The New Word for Love



I was only away for 2 weeks.  But in two weeks our precious little Em learned a whole host of expressions and words.  We left on Valentine’s Day.  On that day Em learned how to say “love you” and in his lingo it comes out “Yuv Yu”.  How timely is that?

What never ceases to amaze me when he says a word or a sentence of two words is that he also grasps the meaning of what he just said.  With no exceptions!  He has also learned how to tease with his small collection of words in our English language.  If I ask him if he loves me…most times he will nod and reply ‘yeah’.  Good enough.  Other times, his eyes twinkle with mischief and he will state emphatically ‘no’ and then burst into giggles. I will ask him to share his crackers and most times he will say ‘no’. Crackers are his favorite treat.  Other times he will pluck one out of his little dish and pass it to my mouth and inches before I am able to take it, he will snatch it back and pop it into his mouth.  A master at teasing he is!  This little game will always bring forth those giggles that ring like music in the air.

Em trying on one of his many hats!
Em loves to laugh.  He will look for opportunities to laugh.  He loves to hide and then loves to have the $hit  scared out of him when I pop around the corner.  One day his Grampie Wee scared him so bad, he jumped to the side and fell down on his butt, all the while giggling with glee.  I’m certain we have a little thrill seeker on our hands.

I sleep over from time to time.  The guest room is directly across the hall from Em’s bedroom.  I love waking up to hear his little chatter in the next room.  He will go through the whole list of people he knows to see if someone will come and get him out.  He is patient.  He will bounce in the crib or jiggle the sides.  He has puppets and MeMouse (Mickey) in his crib, so there is no shortage of things to entertain him.  Most of all, my happiness is complete when he calls ‘Nannie” and when I don’t answer right away, the call gets louder. 
   
We’re not sure where he learned his word for his soother.  ‘Yuyu’ he affectionately calls it and it is definitely his one addiction.  ‘GoGone’ means he is all done eating and if you delay in taking the food away, he promptly flings it away.  Much to the chagrin of his Mommie and Daddie, we haven’t figured a way to break him of this habit yet.  Grampie J is called ‘Bubba’ and Grampie A is called ‘WeeWee’.  I feel so honored that my name was the third word he learned (after Momma and Daddie).  How cool is that!

Yes indeed Baby Em, your Nannie ‘Yuvs Yu’ too…unconditionally!!

L.L. aka Nannie

No comments:

Post a Comment