I can only imagine. And for the grace of God...go I. If I need be humbled...make it a self sacrifice...not through the death(s) of my children.
A young couple tonight is mourning the death of their teenage daughter. I can only imagine. All the guilt; the "coulda shoulda woulda's" swirling through their consciences. A death by an accident or a mortal disease is one thing....suicide is indeed another.
I am a Mother. So it is from this viewpoint, I can only imagine. I carried my babies for nine months, delivered the babies into my arms and that of my husband's and once to an older sibling. I held the tiny little humans; watched as their little countenances recognized me; watched as they took their first steps; watched as they climbed aboard the schoolbus for the first time; watched as they walked across a stage to accept their high school diplomas.....and it goes on... and on... and on. I will never be done being a Mother...or my husband, a Father. Every single beat of our children's hearts; and every step they take - we listen and we watch. For our children to ever leave us...at any time...for any reason...is unimaginable.
No comments:
Post a Comment