Friday, January 21, 2011

A Grand Time to Becoming a Grandmother

The expectant mommie is experiencing ‘mommie-brain’, while I am experiencing ‘meno-brain’…how fitting is that? I wander around at times like I am having an ‘out of body’ experience…so many things flashing though my brain. I forget to put sugar in the muffins; I look around a room I just entered wondering what took me in there….good Lord…sounds like early dementia! I try to imagine the excitement in just a few months…and get giddy just thinking about it.



We (the collective ‘we’) are at 30 weeks now…and my eyes well up at the thought that wee babe is actually blinking…so hard to wrap your head around that. This morning I awoke with baby names flashing though my head….’Charlotte’ for a girl….’Benjamin’ for a boy…where these names came from is anyone’s guess! What fun! Just the name alone will be such a surprise…God I love the anticipation!


There are moments still…that I need to pinch myself….is this really happening…this joyful time is intoxicating…the elixir of life!


L.Lorraine...the soon to be....Nannie!

No comments:

Post a Comment