Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Blankies for Baby ‘O’…made with Love.

Oh sweet baby…I have sewed you some blankies…and the entire time I sewed…I thought of you.



What will you feel like in your little baby body…inside this blankie that makes an adult swoon with its softness?


Will your newborn wriggliness and baby sounds make me melt when I wrap you in your blankies …made with love?


This is supposed to be a surprise…but I am really not good at keeping a surprise…especially from my children…I am like a child…I burst with excitement…and eventually ruin the surprise because I can’t wait any longer. Like when I knew you were ‘on the way’… I had such a hard time keeping that secret! Thankfully we are past that now and I can shout it from the roof-tops….I find myself telling people that already know…they just smile…I think they ‘get it’….I am excited…and I am not wishing the time away…no no no…I want you to get stronger, smarter, and bigger before you announce to your mommie that you are ready to join us in this world.


Today...time stood still. I sewed for over 4 hours…and not once did I want to take a break…not once did I feel a stitch in my neck…not once did I wish I would be finished soon. When I was finished…nobody was more surprised than I…I had spent a day preparing for you…and time stood still.


Love you today and always… Nanny…xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment