Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Graduate


Is the world ready for you?
I think not! You take life by storm.
The sensation of feeling special,
Lingers on… in your presence.

Confidence, compassion, evident in your every move;
Your attention to even the smallest detail;
The “I’ll take care of you” attitude;
People smile, with the mere mention of your name.

Now…you stand before us…
Beautiful...Knowledgeable…& Strong,
With endless determination and focus.
My heart threatens to burst with love!

I want to enfold you in my arms…
Protect you from all the critics;
Provide the ‘safe haven’...forever and ever.
Amazing, how that never changes, with age.

Go forward with Godspeed, dear girl!
No. The world is not ready for you!
But it will be a better world…with you in it.
Your light will brighten the darkest corners.



Dedicated to the other 'Lady Lorraine' in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment