Thursday, October 23, 2014

Our Home and Native Land





My beloved country is in mourning…again.  Twice in one week, two Canadian soldiers lost their lives.  On Canadian soil.  In a place they believed to be safe and secure.  Our beautiful country is shaken to the core.  I am trying to make sense of these otherwise senseless acts.

After a long day listening to the recounting of this tragedy, I am still in a state of shocked silence.  WHY?  This question remains unanswered and because of the very nature of the senseless act, we may never know.  

A young man (soldier) was gunned down at point blank range in our nation’s capital while standing guard at the Tomb of the ‘Unknown Soldier’ outside Parliament Hill.  He was dressed in a soldier’s uniform. He was unarmed.  He was unprepared for the unthinkable.  He was young and willing to defend and fight for his country…someday.  His ‘someday’ will never come.  In some way I can only believe that his work was done.  I hope so.

Rest in Peace;  
 Cpl. Nathan Frank Cirillo Oct. 22


and
Warrant Officer Patrice Vincent 
who died on Oct 20 as a result of a fatal hit and run.   
He too…was in uniform.



No comments:

Post a Comment