Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Life is Like That

A dear friend sent me some pictures today and an email that brought tears to my eyes.  Her best friend and companion, a mountain Bernese passed away at eight years of age.  I met Marcus.  He was lovely and even though I am not a dog lover, there are some who wiggle their way into my heart when I least expect it.

He came to my door one day with my friend.  She told me he was very protective and not be alarmed if he seemed anxious.  Within a few minutes he laid down on my doorstep and rolled over to offer his belly for a rub.  She was astounded.  He apparently did not feel threatened by me and was very much at home.

Well Marcus, I am sure you came into her life with much purpose and I know you offered her peace and solace during a time when she needed it the most.

So, in your memory I have offered her a poem to remember you by.  If there is such a thing as doggie heaven, I know without a doubt you are there.



Purpose

A comrade he was and chosen quite appropriately
To silently guard the delicate and inexplicable bond
Between animal and humankind.
Selflessly he offered his unconditional love.

Everything has a purpose…
A child, a pet, a lover or an unlikely friend.
They enter and leave your life however unexpectedly
Their purpose…for you alone to understand.

Marcus: The Latin translation meaning polite and shining
Quite dignified, he was true to his name.
The gift of him will always be immeasurable
And in your heart and soul, he will eternally remain.

Marcus

No comments:

Post a Comment