Such is the phrase from my sweet grandson. ‘More’could mean more anything; more food, more drink; lawn mower next
door…and it goes on. The word ‘more’ to
him could be anything.
The cling-on or the ‘monkeyhold’ that they laughingly talk
about happened tonight. He didn’t want
me to go. It was a first. Usually he blows me a kiss or waves
frantically at the door as I leave. Not
today. He grabs my neck and holds on to
the little hairs that have fallen out of my ponytail…and cries. Not to take away from the emotion that he has
succeeded now in tearing my heart out of my chest, I look to his Dad for
direction. He is good. He takes the struggling little boy out of my
arms and talks him into focusing on something else. Oh. My. God.
It was the worst ‘leaving’ I have encountered. His little brow is furrowed, and his little
‘sous’ is moving up and down in his frantic grip. He is not happy. But his is not crying either. So all is good…for now.
My darling little grandson is growing up. When I picked him up at daycare and gathered
him into my arms I had no idea of the ‘territorial’ personality I was to
encounter. Another little fella
approached me and said ‘up’ in his little boy language and when I picked him up
….well that was not a good thing when my grandson witnessed this scene. Part of me had to laugh…the other part wanted
to cry. Of course isn’t this what every
grandparent wants? Of course!
A grandchild…and in my case my grandson, is what makes the world
go round. Everything else takes a second
seat. No excuses, no apologies are
necessary. A grandchild takes precedent. If you can’t understand it…then don’t judge.
I love him…as he loves me…unconditionally.
No comments:
Post a Comment