Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Precious Valentine

Today is Valentine's Day.
Many will receive flowers and treats.  I remember this time last year when I plucked a rose out of a bouquet, dried it, and inserted it into the scrapbook I was making for baby 'O'.  My, how the year has flown.

Today I will make a heavenly meal for my beloved.  He will breeze in the door, red-cheeked from a busy day no doubt and I know he will savour the aroma of the prime rib roast braising in the oven. 

He is my Valentine.  I need no other. 

Baby 'O' is now Baby Emerson.  He is coming today too.  Another little precious Valentine in my life.  As a Mother I thought there was nothing more heavenly than my children coming through the door.  Well heaven has just expanded and soon I will see his little dark eyes peering under his hat and snowsuit.  He will stare but for a second, and then the smiles of recognition will swiftly follow.

Taking a moment to take stock, and feeling the love, I remain....Lady Lorraine.

No comments:

Post a Comment