Yes, she is a princess indeed. Not born into royalty, but to us, she will always be our princess. Our firstborn, a few years back, and today she is a Mommie too! Today she experienced the pure joy of receiving her first birthday card from her little boy (purchased no doubt by the Daddy), but in Baby ‘O’s heart I am positive he picked it out.
Birthdays are a funny celebration. Some people are weary with the weight of the years or past years weighing them down, while others celebrate one more year of LIFE and embrace yet another year albeit growing older by the day. A time to celebrate for sure, as by the grace of God, we are still here, to take the good with the bad and strive to see the meaning, the purpose, and the lessons that the years present to us along the way.
I live, I love, and I learn and hope that when my next birthday comes I will still feel like the thirty something year old young woman who was entering into the decade of raising my two children. Cause you see, as long as I live, I will always be a Mother. Now I am a GRANDMother and with it comes a new joy and one that is denied to many.
I am grateful that I have been blessed with this title…that I have lived long enough to know the joy of holding my grandson in my arms and see his little dark eyes searching my face….trying desperately to distinguish my face with the faces of his mommy and daddy.
Happy Birthday dear girl….and may you have many many more!
Love today and always!
L.Lorraine.

No comments:
Post a Comment