Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Nannie Diaries...Part 1

Baby ‘O’ will always be Baby ‘O’. He has been given a beautiful birth name…but while we waited for him to arrive, I wrote to him so often and in reference as Baby ‘O’.


Being a new Nannie is a state of mind that I can hardly comprehend. Holding ‘E’, I stare at his perfect little features; the little lips moving in lopsided smiles during his baby dreams; the strong boy hands with the baby finger of a bygone Grammie; the ‘pinchie paws’ that grasp with an unbelievable strength causing Mommie to cry out; a little button nose that so far resembles his Mommies; the perfect head of auburn hair coaxed into a fashion by his Daddie; chubby little cheeks like Daddie; perfect, perfect, perfect, I chant to myself while holding him.

I love him like he is my own…well of course he is …indirectly…but I have the same emotions as I had when my own two sweethearts were born. How is this possible? Love truly multiplies…I didn’t fully understand other grandparents when they would exclaim “Oh, just wait until you are a grandparent!” I usually just nodded and smiled, not really sure what they meant. I know now.

Spoil him I will, this I know for sure. The hardest thing for me right now is to stay away. His little face is before me all the time. Within minutes of leaving the house…I miss him…and his baby sounds and his baby smell. I resist the urge though as the new Mommie and Daddie have to blaze a trail for them …in this new journey called parenthood. I am reliving so many memories and ‘A’ and I giggle and laugh at those memories.

Babe is 5 days old today. Already, I can’t imagine a day that didn’t have him first and foremost in my mind.

Sweet dreams ...Baby 'O'.
Nannie
xoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment