Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Honoring Oneself

It’s already the beginning of March. And I am feeling an attack of ‘guilts’ coming on. I haven’t looked at my books, all three genres, in so long and haven’t written a word. I feel guilty because I promised myself a few years ago that I would honor my writing by spending a few hours a day, at my computer, in my writer’s space. Up until last summer I did that. What went wrong? It’s anyone’s guess.



Today, I opened a biography I was working on. My eyes filled with tears, it was humbling to read something that I had written some time ago and to feel the poignant emotions that I obviously felt when I wrote it. I think I will start with that one. Then there are my children’s stories that need hours and hours of editing. I am looking forward to bonding with those too. My creative non-fiction piece….well….it is still a work in progress. So I have my work cut out for me.


Out of the blue, I received an email today, calling for submissions. I guess I secreted that one out! I have a month to submit. So here goes. Every time I commit to doing these, it gets me writing…and that is a good thing.


I sat at my computer today, in my calming writer’s space. It is an oasis all by itself. I looked at ‘my shelf’ to see my Mother smiling down at me. She seemed to be happily saying to me ‘you go girl’!

My sister promised that she would ‘help me’ with my writing. I believe she has gotten her message through. I have been inspired. Her story will be written as well. I guess she and my Mom share the role as my writer’s ‘muse’….I want to believe that anyway.


I miss my writer’s community. Occasionally I visit their blogs and smile…and remember the writing marathon I was on last winter. They’re still there….however Lady Lorraine is missing this year. It’s time to change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment