Friday, March 25, 2011

Deciphering Dreams

Funny …it has been months (pre-Christmas) since ‘A’ decided to throw his hat into the political ring….and it is only now that I am having crazy dreams. Last night was without a doubt, the best, so far.


It is the nomination night. We arrive in our truck and park really far from a pokey little hall (not the new large school where it is actually booked in the real world) and there is MUD everywhere. ‘A’ parks the truck a good 500 feet from the building. I step out with my high heeled boots…and sink into mud up to my ankles! Entering this funky hall – I go in search of the washroom (apparently to clean up my boots). There doesn’t seem to be a washroom in sight, but there are hockey dressing rooms….without doors. (My recurring nightmare – washrooms without doors)! So I wander around trying to find a peg on which to hang my coat/scarf/purse. (Why I have so much paraphernalia is curious – as I usually travel light in the ‘waking world’).


Tables are set up – covered with a potluck type of supper. (This could be my memory of the little hall where we attended a potluck not long ago). The food is already on the plates and I notice there is WAY too much rice and meat on my plate (????). There is not ONE familiar face in the room. (No surprise here as I only know the names of the constituents at this point, having done the paperwork for ‘A’). I continue to search for a familiar face…with no luck. Suddenly it dawns on me that there is only about a dozen people in the room to nominate and since I don’t know anyone, I have no clue whose ‘camp’ they are in. I search out ‘A’ without any success. He has disappeared like the walls have swallowed him up. I look at the clock – it shows 6:30. OMGosh! I think to myself we only have another hour or so to conduct the business of the night. The crowd seems restless. I search for the Executive ‘M’…she is nowhere in sight.

WHO are these people???


I wander away again to try to find a washroom. The mud on my boots is starting to cake and they look really ugly. I had eaten a roll off the table, so I decided it was important to re-apply my lipstick and check to make sure there wasn’t bread stuck between my teeth. I finally find a bathroom. The door is locked. I knock tentatively on it and it flies open. Out comes the ‘competition’ with an entourage of sorts. She is wearing this dress with a wild turquoise print and is sporting red, red lipstick. She has an air of ‘I have already won’ about her and this puzzles me. The bathroom finally empties (I notice her husband was in the bathroom with her along with about half a dozen people I don’t know), and I assume they had used this ‘private space’ to have their pre-nomination strategy meeting. Finally I am alone to tend to my ‘stuff’. I hear a grunt and I go around a corner only to find a guy sitting on a toilet… in a cubicle… (again with no door) and the stink is gagging me. Sheesh!!! I hurry to find my lipgloss…I have got to get out of here! I finally retrieve it and start to apply. In my rush, I slather it all over my face and the lipgloss suddenly has the consistency of chocolate syrup and starts to run into my mouth and all over my chin. FRIG….this is not going to look good!! I swipe it all off and abandon the notion of the lipgloss. I look at my boots and again I say ‘FRIG it’ to myself, they aren’t important. I look in a mirror that is really foggy (as old bathroom mirrors tend to be), and I notice that my hair is also a mess. I decide to leave it alone, because I forgot my comb and brush somewhere out in the maze.


I leave the bathroom hoping I didn’t miss much. The small crowd is leaving…the nomination is over! OMGod I missed it! I don’t want to ask ‘A’ who won because that will give me away…I don’t want him to know I was sidetracked in a bathroom fighting with runny lipstick and listening to a guy dump in a toilet!!


We leave this little building and ‘A’ instructs me to leave by another door and he would come around back to pick me up. I agreed. So I get to a back room with all these old doors with paint on some of them and others not. The first door is a storage room. I try the second door, and it looks like a teenager’s bedroom decorated accordingly in bright yellows and oranges. Good God, where is the door to get out?

I try another door that opens out into a garage of sorts and there is a rottweiler (Ruckus, a rottweiler I know) coming toward me all excited to see me. I throw a cookie, that was miraculously in my pocket from the food table, into the garage, and Ruckus bounds back out after it and I slam and lock the door behind him. Breathing hard I try the last door that MUST be the way out. It was. But there was a ton of people out there building an addition onto this building and there were scraps of wood and staging everywhere. I try to pick my steps through the mounds of wood and mud, thinking I would probably twist an ankle for sure. As I was tiptoeing through this stuff, I overhear the conversation amongst the workers. They are singing ‘HER’ praises and I wonder to myself why they weren’t in ‘the room’ to nominate her if they thought she was so great. They stop talking when they see me and I have to continue my tiptoeing with them all looking at me and you could hear a pin drop. I want to go home…where is ‘A’ and that familiar red truck? I finally see it. It is still WAY down the road, so did I misunderstand that he was ‘coming around back’ to pick me up? He is talking away to someone and totally unaware I am in MUD up to my ---!


I finally reach the truck, hauling myself and my muddy boots in. I look at ‘A’ with the question about to fall out of my mouth “WHO won”? I wake up.

Analyze that!!! I guess I will need to wait until ‘April 4th’ to get the answer to that question.

No comments:

Post a Comment