Thursday, October 7, 2010
On Giving Thanks
This year was probably the most challenging year I have had in a long time. It even surpassed the year I moved here in 1990, which will be another blog entirely. One startling ‘aha’ was that I discovered this year I am an ‘emotional’ eater and sporting 20 lbs of extra weight all of a sudden. Now of course there are a myriad of excuses that I have been bandying about. It must be menopause, or it’s because I didn’t have the time to exercise or walk, or it’s because I just love my red wine with dinner or anytime for that matter. Anyway, suffice to say, I now have an abundance of weight on that must come off…at least that’s what all the health and exercise books say. Strangely enough, so far so good…I am healthy.
That brings me to this time of year…fall…and Thanksgiving. There has been SO much for me to be thankful for this year that the list just keeps getting longer and longer. However, one thing I did not include on this list to be thankful for… is my body. Yes, I have been looking at it (sometimes downright ignoring it), sighing, hoping and wishing that the little love handles and the cellulite would just magically disappear. Well they haven’t. Then I received an email…from the ‘Angel’ lady…and wham…just like a velvet two by four between my eyes…there it was…another reason to be thankful. Here is what the Angels have to say about being thankful this Thanksgiving:
Angel Message:
"Embrace your health. Focus on what is working in your body, not what is wrong. Your body is a precious organ and part of who you are so treat it with love and kind words. Each time you feel angry or disgust toward your body, you are hurting it more. Send love to your body." Your Guardian Angels
Imagine! Something so simple! This year (and forever more) I will gladly thank my angels for my body…my body that didn’t fail me once this year when I needed it the most…when I needed it to keep on going and going…like the ever-ready bunny. How could I not be thankful for my health and for my body? So instead of making the list…and it’s a long list…of all the things/people I am grateful for this year, I will make this my number one priority. Because I do believe if you love and honour yourself, the rest is easy. The ‘Angel’ lady’s message went on to include a Thanksgiving prayer. When I finished reading it…I felt like it had been written for me…and my little family. Of course I know that it’s not the case…but I would like to think that the message is a divine one…and I would love to share it …via this blog:
Thanksgiving Prayer:
"Thank you Angels…for centering me, my family and precious friends in peace, joy and gratitude. Continue to gently guide us in appreciating all the love that we share with each other and to act from a place of love. Thanks for all our great blessings. For those tougher times, help us understand the hidden blessings. And thanks Angels… for always being by our side.”
With love, honour and thanks….this Thanksgiving season….L.Lorraine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment