Saturday, October 13, 2012

Simple Abundance



Lately during our family’s Thanksgiving celebration, we spoke often of gratitude.  There isn’t a day goes by that I don’t remember to be thankful.  The gifts I receive on a daily basis come in many forms.  It could be the gift of personal presence of a loved one or a dear friend.  It might be a kind gesture from someone close or even a total stranger.  I never fail to make a mental note that these intrinsic gifts are special and possibly delivered by Angels.

Today I pulled a book from a shelf to read.  I hadn’t opened it in quite a while because a newspaper clipping fluttered to life when I opened the cover.  The book is called “Simple Abundance”.  Tucked inside for safe keeping was my Mother’s obituary.  I thought I had lost it.  She found it for me I am sure.  When I read the inscription at the bottom, it seemed like a lifetime since I penned those thoughts.  My Mom is always near.  I feel her presence at the most unlikely moments.  

So after having my loving family beside me during this Thanksgiving, I gave thanks for them.  For without them I could not exist. 

And thank you Mom, for giving me the capacity to love them as much as I do.

Some people – very special people like our Mother…  Can never be replaced
She can only be remembered for the full life she led…
For the things she accomplished amid tremendous strife through the years.
For the times she made us laugh or comforted us when we cried.
For the times she demonstrated incredible strength for her small stature.
For her legacy of unconditional love and humility.
For her undying devotion to her God and her family.
And for awakening us to understanding with the passing whisper of her wisdom.
May God hold you in his embrace Mom, and warm our hearts with sweet memories of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment